Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More desk stories Schindele Grossman Umanoff Conover Mccobb

I fell in love with some japanese metal and wood desks that were incredibley expensive. Well a few weeks later I found a wonderful desk on craigslist for $75 by Dorothy Schindele but the drawers were missing- still, I was very excited.

Then 2 weeks later I was at a yard sale and there was the same desk rusting at the bottom of the garden with very water damaged drawers with all the veneer peeling off.  I bought this one for $40.  The first one was in better condition so I used the drawers for that and sold the 2nd one on Craigs List for around $300 I think. A guy drove all the way from Arizona to buy it. I worked really hard to repair the veneer and you will see it in the pic of my old kitchen.

The last picture if of my final Dorothy Shindele desk that I got from the wonderful family I bought all the great pottery from. This picture is taken in it's original home (right now it is tucked behind our sofa as we are outta room). So now both my daughters will be doing homework in style.

The Vintage linoleum  is what I miss most  about our old house.

If you like this metal and wood mix here are some designers to search
 Schindele, Grossman, Umanoff,  Conover,  McCobb



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just picked up one of these desks at a flea market in Oakland CA (just north of San Fran.) a few weeks ago. It's a little rough but it was only $35! What a bargain, especially considering I live in St. Louis MO...the land of cheap MCM! I know CHEAP!

    Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Chris what a good find. They were made in Pasadena and are classic California. I am sure it will be equally stunning in MO

    ReplyDelete